Suggestion Declined Aux - Civ Roleplay: Phones

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Max H

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Phones

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

Hello,

I had put this in before but was told to suggest it again. I would like to see phones added for civrp. Not only would it expand RP for us actors but give a new variety of scenes we can provide other divisions:

RTPC: I know we have /e phonecall or /e phone, but getting in the car and proceeding to text/type would give CE and all space/adv units too. They would be able to get the privilege of being able to stop people while they're on the phone talking to each other.

999/101s: This would be a good thing for CAD, a little button on the phone could link to CAD and you can do your emergency/civls calls through there!

CivRP Social Media: So as Civs, we use a lot of things like Snapchat (sometimes), Twitter (a lot) and last but n not least Whatsapp! We use these apps often and would be cool to see if they could be added as an app but with different names. If maybe, we could see if the control could get the tweets as well, where an AI control can send some tweets to the bottom right of the screen. The command could be like: ''/show tweet'' then the message follows
!

I would love to see this added and I believe it would be a great addition to the server. Always willing to hear thoughts on this!

Cheers,
Max

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Greetings Max 👋

So only just a month ago this suggestion was declined which you can find the post you created here:

I will quote what was said:
"In terms of having a phone UI that could pop up, It would be great to have but there are definitely things that need attention more so then having a phone UI. There are some emotes in game that you can RP being on your phone, which also work in the car if you use the emote before entering a vehicle. "/e phonecall" & "/e phone". Those work quite well.
Having integrated apps would be quite a lot of work and there wouldn't be a lot of difference from text chat anyways. The response time on an app on a phone vs text chat would be delayed a lot. However I do agree having the ability to put 999 calls in through a phone would be much more enjoyable, however text chat command "/999" works fine as it is :)
Giving the civs a phone would be a wonderful QOL improvement but there are greater things that need attention for our division"

I agree with you I'd love to have a phone implemented into PoliceMP but its dev heavy and there are things that need more intention at this moment in time. It would require a review also by the devs as to how possible this could be so I will keep this suggestion open because I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts :)

Many Thanks,

Greetings Max 👋

So only just a month ago this suggestion was declined which you can find the post you created here:

I will quote what was said:
"In terms of having a phone UI that could pop up, It would be great to have but there are definitely things that need attention more so then having a phone UI. There are some emotes in game that you can RP being on your phone, which also work in the car if you use the emote before entering a vehicle. "/e phonecall" & "/e phone". Those work quite well.
Having integrated apps would be quite a lot of work and there wouldn't be a lot of difference from text chat anyways. The response time on an app on a phone vs text chat would be delayed a lot. However I do agree having the ability to put 999 calls in through a phone would be much more enjoyable, however text chat command "/999" works fine as it is :)
Giving the civs a phone would be a wonderful QOL improvement but there are greater things that need attention for our division"

I agree with you I'd love to have a phone implemented into PoliceMP but its dev heavy and there are things that need more intention at this moment in time. It would require a review also by the devs as to how possible this could be so I will keep this suggestion open because I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts :)

Many Thanks,
I believe there's a script which they could implement without no like-dev heavy stuff, I understand where you're coming from and I completely respect that. But for the phone UI I believe there's a script for it. Not sure about the apps though, but the phone would most likely work. But it's on the devs to see if they want to push it forward and go ahead with the apps on the phone.

Hello again Max :D

I cannot speak on the devs behalf but I believe the intention is to have things custom made rather then just importing things and pulling in scripts from other places. Main reason is usually the customization is limited, I.E the config files aren't really that great and they usually don't come with the source code. Hence why I said it would be a dev heavy project.

By all means I would love to have a phone incorporated but at this stage we have more pressing matters for things to improve civ. Phone's being one of them but they aren't of top priority :) *yet*