Suggestion Declined Civ RP - Workable Phones

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Max H

Reaction score
Hi,

on behalf of CivRP, i believe civrp actors should have workable phones. Ofc we have/phone and /phonecall but addingthe phone would make not more enjoyable but it would make there be much more realism. Reason we could use phones:

Social media: In civrp, i believe we use a lot of Twitter/Whatsapp, using this on an actual phone app but named differently would not only make it more fun for users, but even more realism.

999/101 - We could also use phones for 999/101s, this would work as maybe linking it to cad and having and easy way of sending 999/101s and putting on a show for others :)

Thanks, Max H

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi,

on behalf of CivRP, i believe civrp actors should have workable phones. Ofc we have/phone and /phonecall but addingthe phone would make not more enjoyable but it would make there be much more realism. Reason we could use phones:

Social media: In civrp, i believe we use a lot of Twitter/Whatsapp, using this on an actual phone app but named differently would not only make it more fun for users, but even more realism.

999/101 - We could also use phones for 999/101s, this would work as maybe linking it to cad and having and easy way of sending 999/101s and putting on a show for others :)

Thanks, Max H
this would be a great idea and it could get commercial enforcement things to do like texting whilst driving and other driving whilst on the phone related incidents

Greetings Max H 👋

Could you please explain a bit further what you mean by CivRP actors should have phones? Are you referring to things such as an actual phone UI pop up on the bottom right of your screen with apps and contacts etc?

Greetings Max H 👋

Could you please explain a bit further what you mean by CivRP actors should have phones? Are you referring to things such as an actual phone UI pop up on the bottom right of your screen with apps and contacts etc?
Hi Poptic,

Yes, I mean an actual phone, where we could call other civs and tweet/post on our social media. It would be enjoyable and would make the civ world much fun and as Robert S. said, gives things for RTPC to do as well as ERT, such as driving whilst on the phone or crashing whilst on the phone :) And also999/101s, be much more fun for civ and police out there :)

Hello again Max, So,

In terms of having a phone UI that could pop up, It would be great to have but there are definitely things that need attention more so then having a phone UI. There are some emotes in game that you can RP being on your phone, which also work in the car if you use the emote before entering a vehicle. "/e phonecall" & "/e phone". Those work quite well.
Having integrated apps would be quite a lot of work and there wouldn't be a lot of difference from text chat anyways. The response time on an app on a phone vs text chat would be delayed a lot. However I do agree having the ability to put 999 calls in through a phone would be much more enjoyable, however text chat command "/999" works fine as it is :)
Giving the civs a phone would be a wonderful QOL improvement but there are greater things that need attention for our division. So on this occasion I will be Declining this suggestion but will look to review this in the future :D

Many Thanks For The Suggestion,