Suggestion Declined Control: Change to "MP MP" regarding armed pursuits

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Tiago Lobo

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Change to "MP MP" regarding armed pursuits

Division: Control

As y'all know, to start a pursuit in comms, you usually do "Mp Mp," BUT, what if we change it in armed pursuits? This will let the controller know that it's an armed pursuit, examples of starting an armed pursuit in radio are: "Metro Alpha, Metro Alpha", any comments or feedback send it below

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Suggestion Title: Change to "MP MP" regarding armed pursuits

Division: Control

As y'all know, to start a pursuit in comms, you usually do "Mp Mp," BUT, what if we change it in armed pursuits? This will let the controller know that it's an armed pursuit, examples of starting an armed pursuit in radio are: "Metro Alpha, Metro Alpha", any comments or feedback send it below
Called up at the end of the DRA wether it’s armed or not (or should be)

Not sure if this is the current practice in the server, however in real life Metro Alpha manages Firearms Incidents - you are correct in that respect. However, Metro Alpha (hence referred to as MxA) mostly manages authorities and tactics - they do not manage pursuit authorities. This is to do with level of training between a Pursuit commander and a Firearms incident commander. MxA is trained to deal with the consideration that as a "Flight" response to AFO arrival on scene a pursuit may start however does not authorise tactics.

For Firearms Incidents in Vehicles, MxA considers the following "tactics":
Natural or Complaint Stop &:
- Armed Enquiry
- Contain/ Call Out
Enforced Stop &:
- Contain / Call Out
- Extraction

Additionally, (CT)SFO additional tactics may include Trojan / Ambush / MAST.

On these grounds I don't think this suggestion would add realism, but it was non-the-less a good idea.

Put this reply on a different thread, applies here too.

Hi Tiago,

This suggestion already exists and will respond to in the original thread which I will link below:

Hence, I will close this suggestion for the duplication.

Kind Regards,
(E5) Clynx