Suggestion Accepted Control: MP Controller Trial

• Thread starter Deleted member 5106
  • Start date
The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.
D

Deleted member 5106

Suggestion Title: MP Controller Trial

Division: Control

Please read the whole thing before we doss it off! - I intend this to be TRIALLED.

So, my suggestion is trialling a separate channel, being channel 9 for example called Interops MP or something and have a FIM controller stationed in there waiting for pursuits comms so we can go straight ahead.

For this to be active, there needs to be at least 1 CAD controller and 1 COMMS controller both in channel 1.

Comms can look like the following in Interops MP.

IPP/RTPC/AFO drivers, "MP Active message, XX10."

MP Controller, "XX10 go ahead MP over."

IPP/RTPC/AFO drivers. "MP XX10, *NORMAL pursuit comms*"

MP Controller to IPP drivers, "XX10 the pursuit is authorised in the Initial Pursuit Phase, more units towards now. Please acknowledge. MP over."
--
MP Controller to Advanced/TPAC drivers, "XX10 the pursuit is authorised in the Tactical Pursuit Phase, more units towards now. Please acknowledge. MP over" - AND ALL BOXES AND LOW SPEED CONTACT AUTHORISED SINCE ITS A FIM CONTROLLER AUTHORISING TPP.

IPP/RTPC/AFO drivers, "MP, XX10 that's confirmed/received/acknowledged."

ALTHOUGH this may seem complex, it really isn't. Once it has been done once or twice, people will know how to do it and will be very easy and be more engaging rather than clogging up channel 1 which is already extremely saturated. I believe this would be a good step forward without changing the actual pursuit comms and just making it SLIGHTLY more realistic with an MP controller. (I have a video to back up this from the met if you would like to see!)

MORE than happy to take feedback from controllers, IPP drivers, RTPC and AFO drivers, as well as command and everyone else who is interested. Please submit your opinions and feedback, would love to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello,
After reading over this I actually really like the sound of this idea. It may be a little confusing to most people at first due to it being different to what we have now, however, as you said it would be a trial and of course if it didn't work it could be removed or changed slightly. IPP training has not long been reworked however surely something like this could be implemented? Channel 1 can be quite hectic sometimes so it can be difficult to broadcast our pursuit comms without being interrupted,
Additionally if this was to be accepted and was successful it could add another further opportunities in other divisions such as The Control Room!
I would love to see this implemented as it also adds more realism which we all love.
Upvoted!

Hello,
After reading over this I actually really like the sound of this idea. It may be a little confusing to most people at first due to it being different to what we have now, however, as you said it would be a trial and of course if it didn't work it could be removed or changed slightly. IPP training has not long been reworked however surely something like this could be implemented? Channel 1 can be quite hectic sometimes so it can be difficult to broadcast our pursuit comms without being interrupted,
Additionally if this was to be accepted and was successful it could add another further opportunities in other divisions such as The Control Room!
I would love to see this implemented as it also adds more realism which we all love.
Upvoted!
100%! And thats the thing, its a trial. It can be trialled. And I don't mind doing a mini training video with the full comm which will take 50 seconds at most for people to watch and listen to see how its done! I think it would be a cool thing to see as like we said, channel 1 is very saturated and an additional MP channel would be amazing!

Hi Freddie,

There is someting like this being considered and worked on by RTPC in conjunction with AFO. However it is in early stages and will need to be presented to SPC and subsequently accepted. It is not a quick fix or will happen overnight but all I can say for now is its certainly being looked at.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Hi Freddie,

There is someting like this being considered and worked on by RTPC in conjunction with AFO. However it is in early stages and will need to be presented to SPC and subsequently accepted. It is not a quick fix or will happen overnight but all I can say for now is its certainly being looked at.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
Is it being looked at done like how I suggested above? The pursuit comms in real life are pretty much similar to what we have, just adding the MP, active message OC10 and waiting for MP to receive before continuing with comms?

To add on, with the addition of allowing control to say ''Go Ahead'', it makes sure they're listening so they can receive a whole IPP and not having to constantly ask for it to be repeated.

About the inter ops idea, there's already interops which can be authorized by Control TL if they deem fit, some RTPC and AFO saw it in some friday night patrol already, which happens in channel 2, with the active FIM already being there.

About the inter ops idea, there's already interops which can be authorized by Control TL if they deem fit, some RTPC and AFO saw it in some friday night patrol already, which happens in channel 2, with the active FIM already being there.
The current "interops" channel is designed for RTPC, DSU(i believe), AFO and NPAS. That is for every call, every pursuit, every panic in that channel etc. I am talking about a whole separate different channel only for the actual pursuit comms, being the MP MPs. That is it, nothing else.

Division: Control

Please read the whole thing before we doss it off! - I intend this to be TRIALLED.

So, my suggestion is trialling a separate channel, being channel 9 for example called Interops MP or something and have a FIM controller stationed in there waiting for pursuits comms so we can go straight ahead.

For this to be active, there needs to be at least 1 CAD controller and 1 COMMS controller both in channel 1.

Comms can look like the following in Interops MP.

IPP/RTPC/AFO drivers, "MP Active message, XX10."

MP Controller, "XX10 go ahead MP over."

IPP/RTPC/AFO drivers. "MP XX10, *NORMAL pursuit comms*"

MP Controller to IPP drivers, "XX10 the pursuit is authorised in the Initial Pursuit Phase, more units towards now. Please acknowledge. MP over."
--
MP Controller to Advanced/TPAC drivers, "XX10 the pursuit is authorised in the Tactical Pursuit Phase, more units towards now. Please acknowledge. MP over" - AND ALL BOXES AND LOW SPEED CONTACT AUTHORISED SINCE ITS A FIM CONTROLLER AUTHORISING TPP.

IPP/RTPC/AFO drivers, "MP, XX10 that's confirmed/received/acknowledged."

ALTHOUGH this may seem complex, it really isn't. Once it has been done once or twice, people will know how to do it and will be very easy and be more engaging rather than clogging up channel 1 which is already extremely saturated. I believe this would be a good step forward without changing the actual pursuit comms and just making it SLIGHTLY more realistic with an MP controller. (I have a video to back up this from the met if you would like to see!)

MORE than happy to take feedback from controllers, IPP drivers, RTPC and AFO drivers, as well as command and everyone else who is interested. Please submit your opinions and feedback, would love to hear.

Just for note if this does get accepted; it is Int-Ops...not Inter-Ops. Small thing, but it is one of those things that slips through the gaps :)

Just for note if this does get accepted; it is Int-Ops...not Inter-Ops. Small thing, but it is one of those things that slips through the gaps :)
Ah that’s cool, didn’t know. Thanks for that!

Hi there Freddie,

As Daniel has stated above, something is being worked on involving this suggestion, by RTPC and AFO commands in conjunction with the Control Room, however this is still in the works.

For your suggestion of an MP Controller Trial, at this moment in time I am not looking to integrate a channel for Pursuits into our current Channel Layout. We are already limited in terms of channels and resources, and I do not see an extreme need for it where we already have things such as Int-Ops on certain occasions, allowing for seamless communications between and from AFO, RTPC and DSU.

I will leave this thread open until I can give you a definitive answer on your entire suggestion.

Thank you for spending time on this thorough suggestion.

Kind Regards,
(E5) Clynx