Accepted Divisional "promotion"

The suggestion has been accepted.

(OS6) Larry B

Sergeant
Reaction score
Hello

While I've been in PMP. Divisions are not particularly shown in there fullest, parts are hidden / obscured as they're not deemed "interesting". This then gives people perceptions that a division will be just X. This then makes them think that when they apply for the division all they do is that. So nothing else is done.

A great example of this is RTPC (Sorry)

As you can see, basically all we see from RTPC media wise (both official and unofficial) is TPAC, Tac Contact and other interesting "selling points". Rarely have I seen a video posted showing CIU, CVU or a Pre Emptive strike with CID etc.

I believe that advertising like this causes people to misunderstand what the division is all about which then makes things such as CIU go ignored.

I believe that there needs to be more or a equal focus on every divisions sub-divisions as this would help to paint a bigger picture and people would realise that its not all about one particular thing.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi there Larry B,

Thank you for your detailed post. I completely understand where you are coming from and this is one of the things I am aiming to expand on as my role of Digital Lead - Social Media to ensure we are publicising what we offer and what makes us unique.

I recently conducted a survey with all Command Teams to collate information on what each division/subdivision does, what calls they attend (what content we can post), what they would like to see their divisions shown in etc etc. This information is currently being used to improve and expand our content range, so over the coming weeks you should start to see social media posts showing more than just a car showcase.

For example, in our upcoming RTPC posts you can expect to see subdivisions such as SEG, RAPTOR and CE being showcased. Bear in mind, we operate on a scheduling system so we can plan ahead with what content we are going to be posting.

I hope this answers your question and I will certainly take your feedback into consideration.

Have a lovely Thursday evening!

Kind Regards,
Clynx
Digital Lead - Social Media