Declined Have ANPR activate automatically when entering the drivers seat of a police vehicle.

The suggestion has been declined.

(E1) Xi Jinpooh

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping to get your thoughts on this.

Would it be possible to have the ANPR (usually accessed via the M menu) appear when you enter a police car without having to do the command? This would save the whole 'Checks dashcam for a VRN' or people asking for ANPR on a car to receive a response of 'Why didn't you have your ANPR on?'

Presently, a player must enter their vehicle of choice, press M to turn ANPR on, then use M again to re-enter the menu and activate the UI on the screen, if the player then leaves their vehicle for any reason, the ANPR turns itself off and the whole process needs to be repeated. In an FTS for example, this isnt the first thing to come to mind when getting back into a car, which often results in VRNs going missing and cars being lost with no hope of ANPR.

I don't know how it works IRL, but as a quality of life change to allow more natural roleplay and less /me and ~y~ roleplay, I think this would be worth the venture if it's possible on the dev side.

Cheers,
Jinpooh

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't believe it's not that hard to click m twice and enter twice, +1 if it was permanently on then it would clutter up the screen in the bottom right when using the x (dashcam) view.

Hello, not saying it's hard to do by any means, but how many times do you see people asking for a VRN that they would have had if their ANPR was on? Perhaps there could be a way to toggle it off if you especially don't want it there, but from my perspective the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks in this case

Hello, not saying it's hard to do by any means, but how many times do you see people asking for a VRN that they would have had if their ANPR was on? Perhaps there could be a way to toggle it off if you especially don't want it there, but from my perspective the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks in this case
In my personal time, the inability to grab a VRN is because the car doesnt have any markers, rather than because I didn't have it on.

I think this would provide a more valuable solution to the problem you've described.

Perhaps, but why not incorporate both? It doesn't have to be one or the other

I agree with this. I don't quite know how it works IRL either, but I would imagine that it would automatically turn on and be ready to go when the ignition is turned on. I do agree, the ability to lock any vehicle manually too would be great.

I like it however I don’t think it will mitigate issues with getting VRNs.
it is often that ANPR Dosent catch a VRN irl, then the officers in the vehicle have to rewind the in car dash cameras. Whichnis basically what we do in PMP.
im not sure where I stand on this personally

Thanks

ANPRs are usually always on, and usually only point to the rear in most police cars. (Can be taken as another suggestion) +1

Hello @(E2) Xi Jinpooh ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestion.

After careful consideration, we've concluded that we will not be moving forward with your suggestion regarding the automatic activation of ANPR. While we see the thought and merit behind your idea, it doesn't align with our current development roadmap. Whilst I agree that ANPR would be activated in real police cars, not all cars ANPR. Considering this, not all players may wish to use ANPR whilst playing.

We understand this might be disappointing, but please know that your voice is important to us, and every suggestion is taken seriously and reviewed thoroughly.

Best regards,
Intrise