Suggestion Declined MET - CID: Custody Online feature?

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Tony

NHS Trainer
Reaction score
Hello, As the announcement where CID can now actively man a custody suite. It got me thinking. Is there a way to possibly add a map feature.

Lets say a CID Officer was to go on duty But goes on as custody at Vinewood. People constantly asking if custody is online. But what if we could make this a little easier.

On the map at the moment all police stations show up as a Blue Logo, Is there a way to possibly Make them Change colour to say Green with a command Tied to it, So like. Vinewood Custody is online, CID then do /OpenCustody and the map logo for that station either changed from blue to green or another icon lights up on the map as green, And then /CloseCustody when they go offline and the logo returns to blue or icon disappears off the map. This way all officers can see which custody's are active at any given time.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Moving to divisional suggestions

I like this idea. Alot of the time a CIV is taken to a holding cell and RP ends there, Custody is a main part of Policing and it gives alot more depth when you have to think of your CODE G necessities and to make sure everything is PACE compliant.

Ontop of this a recording of how long Custody has been online for and who by, minimal hours per month maybe for each CID so that they have to commit some time to the role and only allowing X ammount to be in that role at any one time.

Statistics could be taken from logging this way to see if its worth giving Custody training to another division if the hours can't be met by CID solely.

Hey, whilst I like the idea and concept of the suggestion I don't think it will beneficial enough to warrant it being implemented. At the moment people can use the text chat to show that Custody is active and people can ask if it is active. If we had the station turning a different colour I don't think that there would benefit players or make the system any easier. Additionally, with the colours that are currently on the map the icon could easily be missed or mistaken for an LAS station, or if users are colour blind it may provide difficulties in seeing which Icon is highlighted to show Custody is active.

Thanks,
D.Sgt Nate
CID Command

Hey, whilst I like the idea and concept of the suggestion I don't think it will beneficial enough to warrant it being implemented. At the moment people can use the text chat to show that Custody is active and people can ask if it is active. If we had the station turning a different colour I don't think that there would benefit players or make the system any easier. Additionally, with the colours that are currently on the map the icon could easily be missed or mistaken for an LAS station, or if users are colour blind it may provide difficulties in seeing which Icon is highlighted to show Custody is active.

Thanks,
D.Sgt Nate
CID Command
I get that, Yet at the same time currently people are putting it through force info, or using caps lock or spamming it in general chat,

For the time being you can always use
Code:
/forceinfo x
to notify that custody are online