Suggestion Declined MET - CID: offroad forensics

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Reaction score
due to the lack of forensic offroad vehicles and a couple of scenes so far not having forensic access, could we possibly get a forensic landrover or something? as there are a few scene locations that as a civ would be perfect for miss pers, body discovery, drug dealing etc

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion moved to Divisional Suggestions

Hello BillogJohnny,

Thank you for your suggestion
due to the lack of forensic offroad vehicles and a couple of scenes so far not having forensic access, could we possibly get a forensic landrover or something? as there are a few scene locations that as a civ would be perfect for miss pers, body discovery, drug dealing etc
Hello BillogJohnny,

Thank you for your suggestion!

In CID, we have a wide range of vehicles that are on offer for us to use. For forensics specifically, we have three different vehicles to choose from. When this is compared to vehicles used widely in the server for subdivisions/additional training, most divisions only have one or two vehicles to pick from. This said I do not think it would be valuable development time spent creating an off-road forensics vehicle. In addition, this is not something that the MET have IRL (to my knowledge, feel free to correct me with some photographic examples if I am wrong), so we would be trying to create something, without a basis to work off. However, I do head your point that for more rural crime scene locations, it can be tricky to retrieve the evidence. As the server grows and develops, and new additions are added, we will work closely with the Rural Crime Team for such instances. However, for now, in such cases, I would request off-road authorisation for either the Ford Transit Connect (Small van) or the VW Touran. Once granted, you can make your way towards the crime scene at extremely reduced speeds (5-10 MPH) along a dirt track. When off-road in such vehicles, you should never exceed 15 MPH, Once you have arrived at the location and you have parked your vehicle safely, you may begin to perform your forensic investigation. Once concluded, all evidence should be safely secured, and you should cautiously make your way to the nearest main road, at speeds of 5-10 MPH. When transporting evidence, and off-road, you should not exceed 10MPH. Once you have safely returned to the main road, you can resume normal driving patterns.

As a result, the suggestion to implement an off=road specific forensics vehicle will be DECLINED. However, please take note of the additional information stated above.

Thanks