Suggestion Accepted MET - College: Taser and PAVA Usage

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

iNoScopedJFK

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Taser and PAVA Usage

Division: MET - ERT

Hello, I’m writing this suggestion in regards ERT Officers being given tasers instead of PAVA in their first training instance.

Personally I think that in College Training, new ERT officers should be given and trained in PAVA instead of tasers. Too many times when I’m out as CIV I get tasers drawn for silly reasons and taser spam is awful. Introducing PAVA into College would be so much better and in line with real life.

I am therefore proposing a change in taser and PAVA as to where taser is taken out of College and PAVA is then put in as its replacement so the new ERT Officers don’t have access to tasers, then make it so people have to apply to get their “Taser Tag” like advanced taser training so they can be taught the core principles of tasers and how to use them. This would give trainers more time with the Officers and the Officers will have more of an understanding how to use and when to use their taser.

I hope this suggestion finds itself into the correct hands.
Thanks

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I somewhat agree with this, as not all police in the UK carry tasers. However adding onto this, if people are using the taser for "silly" reasons, you could pass it onto their divisional command, or if needed, request a moderator

Could be a small form added for taser deployments in order to track them and the reason. Eg
Name
Time
Date
Postal
Breif Explanation (circumstances presented ie a knife)
Clip (if you have one)

It dosen't have to be a 500 word eassy just a quick overview of what happend so it can be seen what they're being deployed for and then improvements can be made.

Many thanks

Not every officer is armed with a taser, realistically alot of response is made up of officers still on probation and therefore unable to access tasers. A swap to pava would prevent misuse and also be able to add a more indepth package that is more in depth than the short and brief instruction that officers get through college

The only downside to this is how glitchy pava is. Whilst on as civ I've had quite a few officers attempt to pava me from a pretty close distance and it never worked.

I've also had the same issue myself when trying to use it.

If pava was to be included in college, it would have to be made more reliable.

Especially with the antidote.

There's also the case of what do you do when you run out of both pava and the antidote, as the antidote only has 5 uses I believe. That only covers one full deployment of pava, then the officer would have to f1 change role which could also get pretty annoying.

I believe this is more of a college suggestion. As the changes would be more likely implemented there.

Could be a small form added for taser deployments in order to track them and the reason. Eg
Name
Time
Date
Postal
Breif Explanation (circumstances presented ie a knife)
Clip (if you have one)

It dosen't have to be a 500 word eassy just a quick overview of what happend so it can be seen what they're being deployed for and then improvements can be made.

Many thanks
Assuming people do the forms.

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, this is something we're willing to look into and consider. College, ERT and Police Command will discuss this further and provide an update in due course.

For the time being, this suggestion will remain as pending.

Suggestion Title: Taser and PAVA Usage

Division: MET - ERT

Hello, I’m writing this suggestion in regards ERT Officers being given tasers instead of PAVA in their first training instance.

Personally I think that in College Training, new ERT officers should be given and trained in PAVA instead of tasers. Too many times when I’m out as CIV I get tasers drawn for silly reasons and taser spam is awful. Introducing PAVA into College would be so much better and in line with real life.

I am therefore proposing a change in taser and PAVA as to where taser is taken out of College and PAVA is then put in as its replacement so the new ERT Officers don’t have access to tasers, then make it so people have to apply to get their “Taser Tag” like advanced taser training so they can be taught the core principles of tasers and how to use them. This would give trainers more time with the Officers and the Officers will have more of an understanding how to use and when to use their taser.

I hope this suggestion finds itself into the correct hands.
Thanks
I mean when i Train people in college i always tell them they also have a baton as personally as a civ ive never seen a Baton used on a civ other than in custody and infact when im on a Knife call i even use my Baton on civs as it does work but i agree +1

I mean when i Train people in college i always tell them they also have a baton as personally as a civ ive never seen a Baton used on a civ other than in custody and infact when im on a Knife call i even use my Baton on civs as it does work but i agree +1
Baton is actually a higher force level then a taser which is less.