Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: Area Car

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

L974

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Area Car

Division: MET - ERT

This has been suggested before around 4 months ago, due to it being that long ago, I am putting a suggestion forward again.

Currently, Area Cars are only IPP drivers which defeats the point on an area car. An area car is an Advanced or TPAC driver who can assist with fast road incidents or obviously, assist MO8 with fail to stops (Tactical Resolution Phase). Area Cars can still respond to normal response calls also but they have an extra qualification to assist in other calls compared to a normal IRV (Incident Response Vehicle).

Some people may not want to leave Response and still gain Adv/TPAC Tickets, which is possible to do,(realistically) rather than having to transfer to Firearms/Traffic.

Below is a link of the MET Police Website of what an Area Car actually does.

Any comments about this, pop them on.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Prior Suggestion

A couple months ago I would’ve been against this heavily, however reading up since then I’ve come to the realisation that this is a suggestion that would bring us in line with what the purpose is in the MET, and also would be beneficial for the ARO sub division and RTPC when an extra unit would be good to complete a 4 man box.

If anything would be needed to balance it out, ARO could be given an Advanced (Non Pursuit) ticket which would mean pre emptive involvement but maintaining their speed limitations and also that way during pursuits primary focus would still be on their initial aim of pursuit interception with stingers.

With this I also think DSU should be trained in Advanced (Non Pursuit) tickets to be on hand to assist with pre emptives but that could be another suggestion in the future.

If considered, I’d like to see a priority structure of RTPC Adv > DSU/ARO Adv

While I understand the role of ARO IRL, and how they fit in with the local area compared with RTPC and traffic bases etc.
There needs to be a clear break between the divisions on the server; were ARO to be trained in Advanced & TPAC - what would be the difference between that and RTPC then? Also, on this server, being trained in those tactics and levels would result in them being brought under our remit within RTPC and no longer defined as ARO.

RTPC command won't be endorsing this.

what would be the difference between that and RTPC then?
An area car will prioritise Response callouts but they than have there driver qualification to assist if required. RTPC would obviously take priority but an Area Car is there to assist if needed due to lack of assets or just in the area.

An Area Car is a high performance vehicle which are used for pursuits and the tactical resolution of them (when needed). They should be utilised as Adv/TPAC vehicles, rather than an IPP car.

being trained in those tactics and levels would result in them being brought under our remit within RTPC and no longer defined as ARO.
They will still be defined as an Area Car as that is what they are and are called? Just because they hold these Adv/TPAC ticket, doesn't mean they have to be a traffic unit.

So Area Car let's take a look at it, currently it has the ability to deploy stinger and to do an extra few MPH. I kind of agree with this however I believe they should be advanced this way area car can be useful however they will never be independent of RTPC. This means that they won't be stealing from RTPC and additionally it would be RTPC training them.

Overall I believe Area Car isn't utilised enough and I believe its because of its rushed introduction.

Be looking forward to hearing any comebacks

Toppy

Have to disagree here. It borders a line where you have people losing jobs and others taking them. -1 from me

So Area Car let's take a look at it, currently it has the ability to deploy stinger and to do an extra few MPH. I kind of agree with this however I believe they should be advanced this way area car can be useful however they will never be independent of RTPC. This means that they won't be stealing from RTPC and additionally it would be RTPC training them.

Overall I believe Area Car isn't utilised enough and I believe its because of its rushed introduction.

Toppy
Good point, thanks Top Guy :)

Have to disagree here. It borders a line where you have people losing jobs and others taking them. -1 from me
I really don't get what you're saying if I am completely honest?

RTPC = Collision Investigation, Commercial vehicle enforcement, bike ticket qualifications etc. RTPC officers alongside afo are the only ones able to achieve a TPAC ticket so they can engage in the tactical phase of pursuit. RTPC have no speed limit with justification. RTPC can perform tactics such as boxes, pre-emptive stingers, tactical contact and more.

ARO = Advanced response officers who can be advanced capable trained to assist RTPC during fail to stops, pre-emptive tactics and assist in higher priority calls and area searches. Advanced will take rear of any tactics in policemp ONLY/IF there isn't enough RTPC adv or TPAC to assist. AROs priority however is response calls.

I think its a little bit ridiculous to say that because with that logic they're taking away my job of doing stingers! No! They should be able to engage and assist us in stopping the vehicle by means of boxing after they've initiated the stingers.

Can I just ask a question WHY or HOW you think its taking away someone elses job?

Whilst I understand the realism aspect, I'd have to disagree with this being added. If ARO were also advanced/TPAC trained, it would take away from the necessity for RTPC, especially since you'd have ARO calling up to attend an FTS to assist with a box. In my opinion, if you want to be advanced/TPAC trained, join RTPC or AFO.

While I understand the role of ARO IRL, and how they fit in with the local area compared with RTPC and traffic bases etc.
There needs to be a clear break between the divisions on the server; were ARO to be trained in Advanced & TPAC - what would be the difference between that and RTPC then? Also, on this server, being trained in those tactics and levels would result in them being brought under our remit within RTPC and no longer defined as ARO.

RTPC command won't be endorsing this.
If we use this logic, what's the difference between firearms and roads? While they hold the same pursuit capability, their day to day roles and targets are vastly different, working together and having more available assets is never a bad thing imo.

Toppy
Agree with this fully, gives them more capability but not taking over from us

Whilst I understand the realism aspect, I'd have to disagree with this being added. If ARO were also advanced/TPAC trained, it would take away from the necessity for RTPC, especially since you'd have ARO calling up to attend an FTS to assist with a box. In my opinion, if you want to be advanced/TPAC trained, join RTPC or AFO.
So with area car being advanced it would still take away from RTPC even though advanced are useless without a TPAC asset and RTPC. Effects nothing from the fact that RTPC will be allowed to conduct more pursuits with the additional assistance. RTPC would still be the enablers and when it comes to RTPC having an intake then we simply just prioritise RTPC advanced over area car.

Before anyone mentions standards either we simply allow RTPC trainers to do the advanced training. Personally only see positives as it will give people more reason to become Advanced officer trained and also advertise RTPC at the same time

Hello. Thanks for your suggestion.

I don’t believe that this would be that beneficial to ARO for the following reasons. As there can be a maximum of four ARO vehicles at any one time I don’t see how this would be helpful in the sense of timings getting to and from said FTS. As ARO are limited to speeds over RTPC I would argue that this could be a problem ready for disaster in the sense of ERT members speeding to an FTS.

As all RTPC are trained in Advance before they are TPAC trained we already have sufficient numbers to perform said tactics.

So at this time I will be moving this into declined. However this could be looked at again in the future once ARO grows and becomes more prominent in the server.

C1 Syke.