Pending Occupied Channels

The suggestion is Pending for review

Alon

Developer - Tier 2
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Make a way, any way to see which channels are occupied (with an option to also show who occupied each channel, not only amount of people in it).

It can be a new UI accessed by a /channels command, or it can be in the shift F2 radio menu when you click on a specific button.

A different approach would be having the number of people connected to your channel in the F2 menu or in the bottom right (where it says 1Mhz), so you could quickly go through the channels and see which ones are free for use.

It's extremely annoying having to check with F2 track which channels are occupied and which aren't in order to move to a different channel.

I haven't seen anyone request it, but I'm sure everyone will only enjoy it and use it, and I don't see any bad thing in it or reason it shouldn't be implemented.

Upvoted, like this idea however don’t know how devs would do it
Thanks, I don't think it would be too hard to do the idea where it shows the number of people connected to your current radio channel either in the Shift + F2 menu or the bottom right (where it shows the 1Mhz thing).

We do have the F2 menu to see who is in which channel, but this system would be a lot easier to maange.
Yeah exactly, it's very rare to use it to check which channel SOMEONE is at, but is usually done to check WHICH channels are available/occupied, so it would only make sense having a better way of seeing that, instead of going through all connected units in F2 track making sure they're not connected to lets say channel 3, then realizing 4 of them are so you have to go through them again to find a different one...

1 more thing for you Clynx, obviously something for the Devs to do, is to maybe have the same system on CAD as well, just make another menu you can open to show how many units are connected to each channel. This would MASSIVELY help out controllers in managing channels, not having to write down everything.

As I'm writing this, another idea has come to me, to add the ability to set a call, for example "Fail To Stop" to a channel just like setting its postal, so it would be much more clear where the pursuit is happening, and not 1 controller typing it as the title and another one in the description... if both are implemented, they can be connected and the menu that's showing the amount of units connected into each channel will also show the call in that channel, if exists.